Osteoarthritis affects over 15 million adults in the country while about 1 million are likely to be living with rheumatoid arthritis. The associated pain and stiffness can greatly impair your quality of life if you don’t take measures to combat it as soon as possible. The answer may lie in an exercise form that’s practically synonymous with India and has a range of benefits for your condition.
Best Exercises For Arthritis
Exercise can help strengthen your bones as well as the muscles surrounding them. This will ease some of the stiffness in your joints, and in turn the pain you live with from arthritis. It can improve your balance so that you are less prone to falls. What’s more, regular exercise also helps keep your weight in check, reducing the load on your joints and bones.
The key to picking the right form of exercise is to find one that isn’t high-impact exercise that can damage the joints further. And that’s why yoga is the perfect fit. Besides improving your posture, helping improve balance, and improving coordination, it also relaxes your mind so you can wash away your worries and anxiety around your condition for a while.
Yoga Poses For Arthritis
Among the yoga poses(asanas) for rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis, some are more effective than others. Be sure to consult a yoga practitioner and learn how to do them properly to avoid injury.
- Veerbhadrasana/Warrior pose: This pose helps soothe stiff shoulders, strengthens your lower back, legs, and arms. Knee supports may be needed for some people.
- Utthita Parsvakonasana/Extended Side Angle Pose: Build your muscle strength and ease some of the pain in the hips with this pose .
- Seated Spinal Twist: This asana is recommended to help stretch the spine and also improve flexibility.
- Vrikshasana/Tree pose: Improve your balance and strengthen your back and leg muscles with this asana.
- Uttanasana/Standing Forward Bend: Your upper and lower back get a good stretch with this pose. The asana stretches the hips, calves, and hamstrings and strengthens the thighs and knees . It also alleviates stress and anxiety.
- Setu Bandha Sarvangasana/Bridge Pose: Building hip strength reduces the force exerted on your knees. This asana for arthritis strengthens the hip extensors and knee muscles besides building core strength . This is a good yoga pose for arthritic knees.
- Cat-Cow Pose: Improve strength and flexibility with this pose and boost blood circulation . It especially helps with keeping your spine mobile.
Omnigel: A Pain Relief Remedy For Arthritis Pain
While yoga can help you tackle some of the discomfort associated with arthritis and bring back flexibility and strength over time, you may also require an immediate solution for the pain and stiffness. That’s where a pain relief remedy like Omnigel comes in. This topical remedy can be applied to affected joints and aching muscles for fast-acting relief from these musculoskeletal pains. It also tackles inflammation and stiffness, giving you a much-needed breather from the chronic discomfort linked with arthritis. Sometimes applying a back pain cream can be difficult because of those hard-to-reach spots. Ominigel is also available as a pain spray, so you don’t have to find someone to help every time. It can be taken with you wherever you go for quick and convenient freedom from arthritic pain.
Omnigel is available at pharmacies online and offline and is an easy-to-use answer to your arthritic aches and pains.