If you’ve been struggling with lower back pain and relying only on a topical pain relief gel/spray to get through your day – this set of exercises is for you. Practising these yoga asanas daily can help strengthen your back muscles, improve your posture, and relax the back muscles to prevent back pain.
While using a topical pain reliever for back pain in India is a common recourse for most of us, if you work on strengthening your back muscles it can help you in the long term.
Remember! Always get your doctor to approve any new exercises or fitness regimens first. There may be certain asanas that are not advisable for you because of the nature of your lower back problem. Learn these poses under the guidance of a trained yoga practitioner to avoid injury – they will guide you on which poses are appropriate for your level of fitness.
8 Yoga Poses For The Back
- Salabhasana (locust) – Strengthens back muscles, stretches shoulders, improves posture, eases stress.
- Tadasana (Palm Tree Pose) – Relieves compression in the spinal cartilage, stretches the spine and skeletal muscles.
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose) – Improves flexibility, stretches the back.
- Marjaryasana (cat-cow) – Stretches the back, provides gentle massage to the spine.
- Balasana (child pose) – With head/torso supported, it can relieve back and neck pain.
- Paschimottanasana(Seated Forward Bend) – Opens up lower back, stretches the spine.
4 Yoga Asanas That Build Core Strength
You should also work on core/abdominal muscle strength to reduce strain on back muscles. Here are some yoga asanas you should work into your routine:
- Navkasana (boat) – Helps spinal alignment, strengthens abdomen and spine, provides stress relief
- Utkatasana (chair) – Strengthens the spine, stretches the chest muscles as well as shoulders
- Ardha Matsyendrasana(Half Lord of the Fishes Pose) – Energizes the spine, strengthens abdominal muscles, obliques
Get Instant Pain Relief With Omnigel
While you work on building your lower back strength, you may also need interim relief in the form of a lower back pain relief remedy. Omnigel is one of the best pain relief gels in India and acts rapidly, easing pain, inflammation, and stiffness. Apply the gel to the affected area and massage gently into the skin. The Omnigel Diclofenac-based formula is also available as a spray and can be used 3-4 times a day if needed to give you any time, anywhere pain relief.
Try Omnigel for effective pain relief from lower back pain – this easy-to-use remedy is effective for all kinds of aches and pains.